The beauty industry has evolved rapidly in recent years, and with the rise of social media, it’s easier than ever to see the latest trends and techniques from around the world. In the UK, there has been a shift towards a more natural and minimalist approach to beauty. Instead of focusing on heavy makeup and dramatic looks, many people are embracing a more understated and effortless aesthetic.
Here are some tips to help you achieve this natural look:
Focus on Skincare
One of the key elements of Britain’s new approach to beauty is a focus on skincare. Instead of covering up imperfections with makeup, people are investing in quality skincare products to help improve the overall health and appearance of their skin. This includes a regular skincare routine that includes cleansing, moisturizing, and protecting the skin from sun damage.
- Incorporate a facial massage tool into your skincare routine to help increase circulation and promote lymphatic drainage.
- Use a gentle chemical exfoliant, such as lactic acid or glycolic acid, to help remove dead skin cells and reveal a brighter complexion.
- Use body hair remover with the function of dermaplaning, such as DermaRazor, which is a body hair remover that pioneers the technologically advanced combination of dermaplaning with an electric razor. The electric razor removes unwanted hair whilst the dermaplane simultaneously removes stubble and exfoliates for perfectly smooth skin.
- Try using a facial oil or serum containing vitamin C to help brighten and even out skin tone.
Another aspect of the natural beauty trend in the UK is an emphasis on embracing imperfections. Instead of striving for a flawless complexion, many people are embracing their unique features and imperfections. This includes freckles, birthmarks, and other distinctive traits that make us who we are.
- Instead of using heavy foundation to cover up blemishes, try using a color-correcting concealer that specifically targets redness, dark circles, or other discolorations.
- Use a brow gel to enhance your natural brow shape instead of filling them in completely.
- Emphasize your natural lip shape and color by using a tinted lip balm instead of full-coverage lipstick.
Keep Makeup Minimal
While makeup is still a part of many people’s daily routines, the emphasis is on keeping it minimal and natural-looking. This includes using lightweight foundations, neutral eyeshadows, and subtle lip colors. The goal is to enhance your natural features rather than completely altering your appearance.
- Try using a BB cream or tinted moisturizer instead of a full-coverage foundation to achieve a more natural-looking base.
- Instead of using eyeshadow, opt for a lengthening mascara to enhance your natural lashes.
- Use a cream blush instead of powder blush to achieve a more natural, dewy finish.
Use Multi-Functional Products
Another tip for achieving a natural look is to use multi-functional products that serve multiple purposes. This includes tinted moisturizers that provide both hydration and light coverage, as well as lip and cheek tints that can be used for a natural flush of color.
- Try using a lip and cheek tint that can be used on both areas for a natural, monochromatic look.
- Use a tinted brow gel that can also be used as a subtle eyeliner.
- Use a tinted sunscreen that can provide both sun protection and light coverage.
Finally, staying hydrated is a crucial part of maintaining healthy-looking skin. Drinking plenty of water can help keep your skin moisturized from the inside out, which can help improve the overall appearance of your complexion.
- Try incorporating a hydrating facial mist into your skincare routine to help refresh and hydrate your skin throughout the day.
- Drink herbal teas that can help hydrate your skin from the inside out, such as green tea or chamomile tea.
- Incorporate water-rich foods into your diet, such as watermelon, cucumbers, and berries, to help keep your body and skin hydrated.
In conclusion, Britain’s new approach to beauty is all about embracing a natural, effortless aesthetic. By focusing on skincare, embracing imperfections, keeping makeup minimal, using multi-functional products, and staying hydrated, you can achieve a unique and beautiful look that is true to who you are.